- Place your fresh cut tree in a stand and water well. A tree can drink up to 4L of water each day.
- If purchasing a tree several days before bringing it indoors , store the tree in a place where it is protected from the sun and wind e.g. a porch or a garage. Before putting your tree in a stand, cut an inch off the bottom of the trunk to allow the water to flow up the tree.
- Make sure the water always covers the base of the trunk . Continue to refill your tree stand or bucket with water as needed.
- Keep your tree away from heat sources such as fireplaces, TV’s and heating vents.
- Check all electrical lights and connections before putting the lights on your tree.